I’m happy to say that this afternoon I received a support email from Jawbone Support.
They suggested that my UP (2nd Generation) Wristband just needed to be reset – and they were right!!!
I can honestly tell you my UP wristband is working and syncing correctly with my iPhone! If you experienced the same issue with your new UP wristband, I hope this will save you some time contacting the Jawbone Support.
Here is the support email and step-by-step instructions I received from Shay:
Shay (Jawbone Support)
Jan 15 14:50 (PST)
Hi there Eric,
I hope this email finds you well! It sounds like we need to reset the band. Resetting the band is easy and won’t erase your user data.
Before we can reset the band, you’ll need to log out of the UP app on your iOS device and force quit the app. Then, follow these steps with your UP band:
1. Start with the UP connected to the charger, but DON’T connect the charger to a power source
2. PRESS + HOLD the button on your UP as you plug the charger into the USB port on a well-powered computer
3. Release the button on your UP. You should see the status light flash multiple colors, like a rainbow
4. Remove the UP from the charger. The status light will begin to flash yellow and red
5. Re-launch the UP app, log in and plug your band into the iOS device. The band should start to SYNC automatically. If it doesn’t, press the SYNC button in the upper left hand corner of the app.
This soft reset should get your UP band working like it’s supposed to, however please give us a call at 1-800-JAWBONE and let us know if it doesn’t so that we can look into additional troubleshooting. Have a wonderful day Eric!
The Jawbone Support Team
Mon – Sun, 6AM-7PM (Pacific)
- My Jawbone (2nd Gen) UP Band “Died” Last Week…. R.I.P.??? (ericfm.wordpress.com)
- My Personal Use and Review of Jawbone’s New UP Wristband (ericfm.wordpress.com)
- UPDATE!!! My Jawbone (2nd Gen) UP Band “Died” Last Week…. R.I.P.??? (eric.fm)
- Other Posts Of Interest