Who doesn’t like a shot of vodka now and then?
There are plenty of fancy bar drinks that incorporate vodka as a main element including a Screwdriver (vodka and orange juice) all the way up to the famous Vodka Martini (shaken not stirred as James Bond prefers).
But, did you know there are 21 other fantastic Home Remedies for vodka which you may never have even thought about?
I was emailed the following list, so I am not sure of the original Author and source of these following 21 ways to use vodka as a home remedy, but if they contact me I will be more than happy to give them full credit.
1. To remove a bandage painlessly, saturate the bandage with vodka. The solvent dissolves the adhesive.
2. To clean the caulking around bathtubs and showers, fill a trigger-spray bottle with vodka, spray the caulking, let set five minutes and wash clean. The alcohol in the vodka kills mold and mildew.
3. To clean your eyeglasses, simply wipe the lenses with a soft, clean cloth dampened with vodka. The alcohol in the vodka cleans the glass and kills germs.
4. Prolong the life of razors by filling a cup with vodka and letting your safety razor blade soak in the alcohol after shaving. The vodka disinfects the blade and prevents rusting.
5. Spray vodka on vomit stains, scrub with a brush, then blot dry.
6. Using a cotton ball, apply vodka to your face as an astringent to cleanse the skin and tighten pores.
7. Add a jigger of vodka to a 12-ounce bottle of shampoo. The alcohol cleanses the scalp, removes toxins from hair, and stimulates the growth of healthy hair.
8. Fill a sixteen-ounce trigger-spray bottle and spray bees or wasps to kill them.
9. Pour one-half cup vodka and one-half cup water in a Ziplock freezer bag, and freeze for a slushy, refreshable ice pack for aches, pain, or black eyes.
10. Fill a clean, used mayonnaise jar with freshly packed lavender flowers, fill the jar with vodka, seal the lid tightly and set in the sun for three days. Strain liquid through a coffee filter then apply the tincture to aches and pains.
11. Make your own mouthwash by mixing nine tablespoons powered cinnamon with one cup vodka. Seal in an airtight container for two weeks. Strain through a coffee filter then mix with warm water and rinse your mouth. Don’t swallow.
12. Using a q-tip, apply vodka to a cold sore to help it dry out.
13. If a blister opens, pour vodka over the raw skin as a local anesthetic that also disinfects the exposed dermis.
14. To treat dandruff, mix one cup vodka with two teaspoons crushed rosemary, let sit for two days, strain through a coffee filter and massage into your scalp and let dry.
15. To treat an earache put a few drops of vodka in your ear. Let set for a few minutes. Then drain. The vodka will kill the bacteria that are causing pain in your ear.
16. To relieve a fever, use a washcloth to rub vodka on your chest and back as a liniment.
17. To cure foot odor, wash your feet with vodka.
18. Vodka will disinfect and alleviate a jellyfish sting.
19. Pour vodka over an area affected with poison ivy to remove the poison oil from your skin.
20. Swish a shot of vodka over an aching tooth. Allow your gums to absorb some of the alcohol to numb the pain.
21. If all else fails, just turn the bottle up and drink it, nothing will matter anymore anyway!
- Drink Recipes (monishasundaran.wordpress.com)
- Your Favorite Mall Food Court Treat Is Being Turned Into Vodka (newsfeed.time.com)
- Everyday remedies at the best inexpensive price. (theredheadnina.wordpress.com)
- 3 home remedies for sunburn :))) (ilikeyourshirtt076.wordpress.com)
- Radically Natural Remedies: Usnea Tincture (radicallynatural.com)
- No Place Like Home: Health Hacks That Work (completeherbalguide.com)
- Home Remedies for Yeast Infections (medindia.net)
- Home remedies to treat dry and chapped lips (healthmedicaltourism1.wordpress.com)
- 4 Natural Mosquito Repellents – A Simple How To (experiencetalk.wordpress.com)
- Get Freshly Minted This Holiday Season (wnyc.org)